Friday, April 30, 2010

Today's Verse

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?
( Luke 9:25 )

Reflect:
This is powerful! In the bible it talks about our lives being nothing more than a mist; they are gone before we know it. But our life in Heaven is eternal, forever. I know that seems to be hard to comprehend, but it's true. It's so easy for us to put God off while we are here and our main excuse always seems to be time; we don't have time, or we will do it later. But you see, he wants to be number one in our life, he wants us to put off other things because we don't have the time, but we have the time for him. He is who we need to make time for. All the "stuff" we think is important now will seem as worthless as dirt when we get to heaven, and we are going to say, "I wish I would have..." I do not want this for my life - it's scary to think of all the time I have already wasted! Toby Mac sings a song called " I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul" (that's a long title, I am sure it's shorter). But I DO NOT want that to sum me up in a sentence. That I cared more about what the world had for me than what God had for me. He is a jealous God, he wants all of us, not bits and pieces. I am going to close with this poem that was sent to me - it's so true!! Have a great day - I love you Lord!

I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer.
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die.
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"


No comments:

Post a Comment