Hi, this is a start to a new me. I have started this blog for two reasons, to enhance and build a stronger relationship with the Lord and to be held accountable for my weight loss. I will be posting separate them so hopefully it won't be too confusing.
My plan is to take a verse each day and to dissect and relate that verse and what God is saying in my own life. I want to post testimonies here, and challenges that I need prayer on. I don't care if no one but God is following me on this journey - but this will help me in meeting with him everyday!
Second, I will be tracking with my weight loss. Recently I had a baby, in fact today he is 10 weeks old- ALREADY... wow, he is growing so quick I could cry. Anyway, I was heavy BEFORE I got pregnant, and I was trying to lose and was actually doing a blog and doing really well.... Then, I had to start in on all the fertility drugs, not only did I gain all 20 pounds I had lost in 2 months, but I gained even more. But the great news is it was all worth it, we got pregnant and had baby Cal. I gained over 60 pounds with him... so far since delivery, I have lost 51 of that. But I have a LONG way to go!! Three and half weeks ago Chris, my husband, and I started back on Weight Watchers. We are not actually going in to the meetings, we can't afford all that... but we have ALL the tools and are doing it at home. So far in 3 weeks, I have lost 10 pounds, I am very happy with that. It's coming off slow, but I know from past experiences, that slow is better for me, it stays off longer... I am having a really hard week tho so I am curious to see what the scale will say on Saturday. I have set a short term goal of 15 pounds by May 19th (that's when I go back to the Dr.'s and I want that scale to be below what I started at!! Only 9 pounds away from where I was before I got pregnant.
So if this sounds like something you may like to follow, please do! I love being held accountable and I will post pictures as I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome Megan! I am supporting you and know you can do it. Just keep at it, I think all women lose weight slow :( But then that makes it harder to have those "cheat" days because you just keep thinking of how hard you had to work to get to where you are. God bless YOU : )
ReplyDeleteI am so in with you Megan!! You know we share the same...i am doing WW also with a sat. weigh-in. We can do this, for God wants us to be healthy moms, wives and servants!! It is a daily struggle and I pick up and start over more times than i care to count, but NOT giving up!! Love you & praying for you :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with ya girl. You and Rick have inspired me to get on my own journey! Baby Cayden is now a year old and I've gained 20 pounds since he was born 14 months ago so I need to get it in gear too! I've thought about WW but I too have no time to do the whole meeting thing so maybe I'll try what you are doing. Love you and will be praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteLet's get together so our BIG boys can play???
Thank you all for your encouraging words!! We can do this. I mean it, the last time I did this blogging for weight loss, I did SO GOOD!! We can all follow each other and encourage each other along the way : ) Yes Robyn we do need to get together!! Love you all~
ReplyDelete